As our technical support/helpdesk employee, you´ll be monitoring and maintaining the shipznet systems and internal networks within our organization in a technical support role. If there are any issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, no connectivity, viruses or email issues, you´ll be the first person our customers will come to.
Tasks can include installing and configuring our shipznet systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone, via email or face to face.
You could work for software or equipment suppliers providing after-sales support or companies, that specialize in providing IT maintenance and support. Alternatively you may work in house, supporting the rest of the business with their ongoing IT requirements.
- working with customers/employees to identify software/hardware problems and advising on the solution
- logging and keeping records of customer/employees queries
- analyzing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
- testing and fixing faulty equipment